Author Topic: Are Soulmates Really Necessary?  (Read 4463 times)

May 20, 2013, 08:29:34 PMReply #15

Offline Len

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
Re: Are Soulmates Really Necessary?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 08:29:34 PM »
I can assure you and her with 100% certainty she will be back by her own choice.

An interesting statement here Len.  I must presume you know everything there is to know about your friend in her current and previous incarnations to make this assertion.  You may indeed be correct in your assumption here, but I know you are aware that our planet is not the only one in our galaxy that cultivates life at (or around) our current collective level of development.  We live in a universe of the unknown, of opposites, of uncertainty, of dualism and so forth; can any of us be absolutely certain of anything, really?

Unless her higher self in an altered state of consciousness lied to me, I feel pretty certain of my statement. Although, to clarify, I was referring more to the dimensional frequency of Earth, rather than Earth proper. Of course, all of us could be completely deluded by everything, but really, that line of thinking leads to something akin to a broken circle. While helpful in questioning ourselves, getting too caught up in it leads you no where in any endeavor.

I also agree with Gwineva's comments about spending too much time on the contemplation of, and search for, this.

I agree with your statement that the obsession over the search for a Soulmate is unhealthy, but I've been unable to locate this in Gwineva. Could you help?

From what I can read of your definition Len, you seem to be describing respect.

Nope, I mean obedience, although respect is a necessary prerequisite in the type of healthy obedience I'm describing. One gets, or is able to get, to a point in a loving relationship where both parties may simply tell each other what to do, without force, without selfishness, and in complete mutual harmony. As I said, it is never for one's loss and the others gain. It comes from a point of selflessness. And the couple, at this stage, is so connected in thought and every other virtue I mentioned, that what is requested is complied with and done (with clarification if not understood). This takes a level of love and trust far beyond what most people allow for themselves, or in their relationships. In earlier ages, not even one hundred years ago, people wrote about, understood and lived this concept. It is very sad we have gotten to the point where so many people get up in arms about its mention, or are so confused by it, like it could only be a word meaning patriarchal control and domination. But, the state of relationships and their statistics today speak for themselves, so it is no wonder this concept is not understood, or met with defensive emotion...

It is not something, this type of healthy obedience I mention, that comes first in the development of the relationship, but in later stages. Attempting this in the beginning can lead to disaster. But just as one understands, trusts and obeys Law and God, so does one with their other half. Otherwise, one is truly at war with themselves if we are really to mean that the Soulmate is one's other half. And if you can't obey yourself, you are in a state of confusion and chaos...

I apologize, it is quite a difficult thing to describe if one has not been there. Our selfishness and egos and fear tend to get in the way, especially in this area of relationships. I'll try to explain better if you are still not understanding...

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:36:38 PM by Len »

May 21, 2013, 02:21:38 AMReply #16

Offline Lance

• Initiate Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 02:21:38 AM »
Unless her higher self in an altered state of consciousness lied to me, I feel pretty certain of my statement.

Thanks for the clarification.

I was referring more to the dimensional frequency of Earth, rather than Earth proper.

These other systems do have a similar frequency, albeit not the same as Earth's; nor is Earth's exactly the same as theirs.

Of course, all of us could be completely deluded by everything, but really, that line of thinking leads to something akin to a broken circle. While helpful in questioning ourselves, getting too caught up in it leads you no where in any endeavor.

I would disagree with this inasmuch as such questionings should, in my opinion, allow the questioner to anchor his or her concept of reality to suit his or her understanding.

I agree with your statement that the obsession over the search for a Soulmate is unhealthy, but I've been unable to locate this in Gwineva. Could you help?

You will need to look outside the published material for the answer.  Unfortunately, I do not remember where or when this information came to me (and others), so can't be of too much help here.  I suppose it would be the same if I tried to state where the concept of "question everything I, and others, say..." is housed within the greater teachings; I simply can't.

I may indeed be very wrong here Len, but such beliefs (via the likes of Mentors and others in and out of the Culdians) have been with me for much of this journey; this incarnation.

Nope, I mean obedience, although respect is a necessary prerequisite in the type of healthy obedience I'm describing.

Thanks for the extended definition.  Makes things so much clearer for me from whence you cometh (lol).  I do understand the more archaic interpretation of obedience and, just to be clear on this, I do fully agree with it (although I thoroughly enjoyed Diane's take on this one...).

May 21, 2013, 05:37:31 PMReply #17

Offline Diane_

• Initiate Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 05:37:31 PM »
On obedience, small shocks really do work, eh? I thought that one would get your blood going. ;)

Obedience, was more like pushing one of my buttons.  Like a poke in the ribs to get me going if you know what I mean. ;-)  Hopefully one day I'll be far enough along that any one of my buttons could get pushed and there won't be a reaction.  Some call it a "trigger" word.  I've managed to no longer react with many things, but that "obedience" word can be a hurdle.  Good to know that it still bothers me, so lesson learned and I'll have to work on it.  I have a bit of spark and spice, but it tones down with wisdom, knowledge and age.

Now a shock is if I tell you something that goes against everything you think you know, or have been programmed to know.  Like thinking about we once had 4 arms, 4 legs and 2 faces. ;-) You may deny it at first, call it crazy, but the seed of information was planted.  If it makes you think and search for answers, then the shock was felt.  A series of small shocks to the programing may cause you to have to re-think the whole program, wipe the slate clean as best you can, and input new, updated information.  I don't find this bad or a violation of ones free will to throw out little shocks every now and then.  You can always blow them off, and stay in your program if you choose to.  You could even just add to what you already know.  Not saying anything is wrong with what anyone believes.  If your mind is open you will search, if it's not you won't.  Not a bad thing either way.  Whatever works for you.

This is a good example of a shock.... "You would not exist if someone didn’t “dream you up”. You literally are the “figments” of someone’s imagination, and nothing more!"  Now some people would automatically flip out and defend their beliefs when confronted with a statement like that.  Blow it off forever.  File it under BS, and forget it.  Another may examine the statement further and find some truth in it.  I'm interested in the statement, and can see where a conscious mind had to have something to do with all the amazing things in the material world. So I add it to my program for future reference and move forward.  I never believe anything on face value that I read.

I do understand the more archaic interpretation of obedience and, just to be clear on this, I do fully agree with it (although I thoroughly enjoyed Diane's take on this one...).

Happy to be a source of enjoyment.  I think  ;).   Could you explain to me the archaic interpretation of obedience that you agree with?

It might help here that it's the word "obedience" that causes me concern and how it can be abused.  I know I probably came off a bit harsh in my last post.  Thing is that my husband doesn't have to lift a finger to cook, clean, do laundry, shop, sew, program the TV, computer, or any of the "womanly" things at all.  He doesn't even have to take me out to dinner. In fact I'm the handy girl for all the appliances, clogged drains, painting, staining, etc.  I have power tools!   ;D, and no they're not pink.  Although I do have one little pink tool set.  Other women say I spoil him.  But by being who he is, he spoils me with his good heart.

He does the heavy work, and likes to ride the lawn mower in the summer, and the snow plow in the winter.  I work 2 jobs, he works 2 jobs.  But he finds the time everyday to sit and talk with me about how my day went.  We share the books we read, thoughts and concerns about the world, faith, kids, pets, whatever.  He never "goes out with the boys", and "I never go out with the girls".   We never "forbid" each other not to do anything.  We use to go out without each other, but you learn from experience that it's not really the best thing to do if you want to stay in a good relationship.  He rarely raises his voice, (really no need to), and I don't have to either, (no need to).  We both do silly little surprise things for each other.  Today I picked him up a few little apple pies he likes.  I can't stand those things. ;-)  gag.  He'll come home with a couple scratch off lottery tickets for me, or surprise me with a takeout pizza when I get home from work.  I respect him very much, he respects me very much.  We don't always agree on everything, that's what makes it all the more fun.  But we hear each other out, and sometimes we even come to a grand agreement.  I do enjoy a good discussion, so does he, and that's how we met.  Topic was politics, that ended up to be an all night discussion on life.  Little did we know at the time it would be our lives we were talking about.  We could answer each others sentences.  It was a "wow"moment in time.

So do we obey each other?  You could say that.  I think it's more respect, and an obedience of the laws of life between mates, and of all life. We both know without saying that we both have a line, and if you cross that line the end is near.  If either of us behaved badly, the other would lose respect.   Is everyday great?  Kiddin, you should here me grumble under my breath when picking up the wet towels off the bathroom floor, or cleaning up his messes. ;-)  In the end I smile and do it anyway. It would hurt me if I hurt him, and I believe it would hurt him if he hurt me.  No, I know that. ;-) Soulmates?  I guess the story goes is that you would know.  I don't know, so I guess not.  But imagine the connection between the two...it could be explosive. 

May 21, 2013, 09:26:51 PMReply #18

Offline Lance

• Initiate Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 09:26:51 PM »
You really do have the concept of obedience down pat - from my perspective - Diane.  The roles of the sexes, the roles of the members within a family unity, the roles of members within communities, all revolve around rules and regulations (Laws) and need to be followed in order to maintain, and even build upon, relationships; no matter what form these relationships take.

I agree, too, that perhaps the modern concept regarding this type of obedience would better fit the interpretation around respect; albeit being somewhat more than simple respect.

May 22, 2013, 02:33:30 PMReply #19

Offline Len

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 02:33:30 PM »
I was referring more to the dimensional frequency of Earth, rather than Earth proper.

These other systems do have a similar frequency, albeit not the same as Earth's; nor is Earth's exactly the same as theirs.

Yes, I understand this, which is why I used the term 'dimensional frequency'. While Earth and Venus, for example, have different planetary frequencies, each exists in the same dimensional frequency spectrum band; namely, the material (stated thus for simplicities sake). As you are aware, we are awash in a multitude of different frequencies... but let's not yet go too far down this rabbit hole, and save it for another day in order to avoid confusion for some of the readers here. This one needs to be taken slow...  ;)

You will need to look outside the published material for the answer.  Unfortunately, I do not remember where or when this information came to me (and others), so can't be of too much help here.  I suppose it would be the same if I tried to state where the concept of "question everything I, and others, say..." is housed within the greater teachings; I simply can't.

I may indeed be very wrong here Len, but such beliefs (via the likes of Mentors and others in and out of the Culdians) have been with me for much of this journey; this incarnation.

The reason I ask is that I do remember reading this in the unpublished material, but it wasn’t from Gwineva or channeled information. Can’t recall from where presently.

And yes, I heartily agree that a certain kind of obsession over finding your Soulmate is unhealthy and potentially destructive to one’s relationship. Regardless of where this is in the Teachings, personal experience, or elsewhere, it is an important Lesson to learn for the health of ourselves and relationships.

On obedience, small shocks really do work, eh? I thought that one would get your blood going. ;)

Obedience, was more like pushing one of my buttons.  Like a poke in the ribs to get me going if you know what I mean. ;-)  Hopefully one day I'll be far enough along that any one of my buttons could get pushed and there won't be a reaction.  Some call it a "trigger" word.  I've managed to no longer react with many things, but that "obedience" word can be a hurdle.  Good to know that it still bothers me, so lesson learned and I'll have to work on it.  I have a bit of spark and spice, but it tones down with wisdom, knowledge and age.

Both pushing buttons and small shocks can have a similar effect, but you are correct, they are not the same thing. Glad to know that you are examining and overcoming hurdles, "trigger" words, and involuntary negative reactions to certain concepts.  :)

But whatever you do, don't lose your spark and spice! Passion, emotion, and positive reactions are the stuff of Life and Growth; without which, we slowly die, not in the physical sense, but spiritually.

I do enjoy a good discussion, so does he, and that's how we met.  Topic was politics, that ended up to be an all night discussion on life.  Little did we know at the time it would be our lives we were talking about.  We could answer each others sentences.  It was a "wow"moment in time...

Soulmates?  I guess the story goes is that you would know.  I don't know, so I guess not.  But imagine the connection between the two...it could be explosive.

One of these days we'll have to delve into politics then. That should really push some buttons and deliver some small shocks, huh?  ;)

And I do hope your husband joins us occasionally, as I'm sure we could learn much from each other...

Now, as to whether or not your husband is your Soulmate, that is not for me to say. But just because you don't "know" does not mean he necessarily isn't. We humans can quite often be rather slow and dense in coming to remember and realize such things. Regardless, you two seem to have a wonderful, harmonious relationship and are just right for each other in this life. Even if you are not Soulmates, the love and balance you have found is very special, and there is no doubt that you are meant to be with each other now as each of you are able to learn, grow, and love in a manner that wouldn't have been possible had you not found each other.

And yes, the connection between two Soulmates is explosive! Think nuclear! Amazing, dangerous, and absolutely wonderful and mind blowing!

Here is some more info from the main site on Soulmates and Twinsouls: http://culdiantrust.org/about/faq/#soulmates

"SOULMATES.

Q.   Is there such a thing as Soulmates?

A.   This concept goes as far back as Ancient Egypt at least.  However, the
modern concept of Soulmates is a devalued one which only barely accords
with the original teachings; modern social conditions and attitudes are
inhibiting its expression rather than propagating it.  Soulmates are two
people who, through several incarnations, have become so emotionally
involved with each other that their destinies become completely entwined.
Contrary to popular belief they are not two people who have discovered
some form of all-embracing love which fulfils their lives and raises them
to some dizzy heights of emotion.  Soulmates have to pass through tempering
fires and survive some very severe tests, the least of which are frustration,
disappointment, disillusionment, loneliness and even despair.

Q.   Can one person have two Soulmates?

A.   No, that is an impossibility and a contradiction in terms.  For each person
who has even only partially passed along the incarnational way there is
only one true mate.  There seems to be a lot of confusion in people’s mind
regarding Soulmates and Twinsouls.  The link between the former has been
forged by love, while the latter are linked by compatibility.  Life in
general, particularly in the initial incarnations, is much easier for
Twinsouls than for Soulmates.

Q.   Can a person have more than one Twinsoul?

A.   Yes, and there are also degrees of compatibility between Twinsouls.  It is
not necessary for Twinsouls to make any effort towards compatibility, they
are just compatible, while Soulmates are continually being subjected to
adversity, frustration and temptation.  The intention is that the love of
Soulmates be brought to a state of completeness.  Twinsouls can incarnate
and meet in any relationship at all; Soulmates usually do so on a male/female
basis, although they may not necessarily meet in each incarnation.
However, when it applies to the necklace of incarnations the finding of
a Soulmate is essential."

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:54:59 PM by Len »

May 23, 2013, 10:25:52 PMReply #20

Offline Lance

• Initiate Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 10:25:52 PM »
Yes, I understand this, which is why I used the term 'dimensional frequency'. While Earth and Venus, for example, have different planetary frequencies, each exists in the same dimensional frequency spectrum band; namely, the material (stated thus for simplicities sake). As you are aware, we are awash in a multitude of different frequencies... but let's not yet go too far down this rabbit hole, and save it for another day in order to avoid confusion for some of the readers here. This one needs to be taken slow... 

Sorry Len, thought that was implied within the answer.  Obviously not. 

May 24, 2013, 02:44:20 AMReply #21

Offline Len

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 02:44:20 AM »
No problem. What might have been clearly implied to me may not have been to other readers, which was the perspective I was considering. Clarification in these cases is usually beneficial for all.

December 25, 2015, 04:35:59 AMReply #22

Offline Enkisfreind

• Initiate Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2015, 04:35:59 AM »
I so need my soul mate with me now, I believe I know who she is, she is a very old and close friend.
Patience is not something I have ever had much of.
My life has been a wreck for a while now, but I am coming out of the darkness, into the light, inner light.
I am so wanting to be loved, so wanting a loyal kind partner, who is on the same path as I. so we can find our purpose, and fulfil it together, my ying for her yang , together climbing, learning, being and doing, growing and loving.
Oh desperate heart, betray me not with thy impatient beating on the door of destiny. Be patient my soul, wait, be still, and trust.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 04:53:38 AM by Enkisfreind »