Author Topic: Comparative Theology #1: The Golden Rule  (Read 1974 times)

July 29, 2015, 03:31:52 PMReply #15

Offline Len

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
Re: Comparative Theology #1: The Golden Rule
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 03:31:52 PM »
Quote from: Manu
Yeah, luckily for us the less enlightened ones, the records have somewhat been preserved in written form as well  ;)

July 29, 2015, 03:32:17 PMReply #16

Offline Len

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 03:32:17 PM »
Even if it were all burned and forgotten, as my friend Lance would say, “Nothing is lost.”

That which is True has a funny way of remaining True even if it is not seen or momentarily forgotten.  ;)

"If all men were blind, the stars would still exist" -- The Kolbrin

July 29, 2015, 03:33:05 PMReply #17

Offline Len

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 03:33:05 PM »
Quote from: Manu
Yeah i guess someone would come along and enter in communion with some higher source and just bring it back. Most likely this has had to happen at some point after one of those mega cataclysms that the Egyptians mentioned to Solon.

July 29, 2015, 03:33:24 PMReply #18

Offline Len

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 03:33:24 PM »
Solon was a good lawmaker... but not the best at remembering the accounts given to him. Thankfully, we have a few depictions with vivid clarity...  ;)

August 23, 2015, 05:28:37 AMReply #19

Offline Lance

• Initiate Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 05:28:37 AM »
This is true Len.  The most recent example I know of is that of the Culdians.  The last 'known' Culdee' was killed a couple of hundred years ago, yet here we are today.

Actually, I believe that as we live in a kind of mind sea, all that has been is recorded in one form or another (or perhaps even in many forms) and can, should conditions be right, be tapped into and recalled at any time.  Naturally, in order for such things to be accepted more readily, they would be clad in the appropriate format or garments for the time of its recollection.  Too, there are are those from differing dimensions who, also when conditions best present themselves, will pierce the veil (whether that be time, space or dimension) to bring such knowledge or information back to the peoples in most need - this, I believe, is relevant to all species, not just humans here on Earth.

I suppose the Golden Rule could also be catagorised under the Law of Correspondence - as above, so below.  As within, so without - thus making it a secondary or tertiary Law of the Universes.  It is a lovely rule though.  Sadly one not yet fully embraced here on Earth just yet.  Speed the day when this will happen.

September 25, 2015, 11:50:51 AMReply #20

Offline wsimm101

• Initiate Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 11:50:51 AM »
I guess i can't really speak to any of this. In my personal experience i have read some of the old testament, a good chunk of the Quran and some Sigmund Freud. It would seem in my opinion that the Kaaba is of particular interest as that would obviously be loveliest land for which all the heavenly souls to congregate there in and form their final opinion.

Sorry i forgot to mention Gilgamesh Giuseppe!!     ;D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:24:51 PM by wsimm101 »

January 21, 2017, 03:53:59 AMReply #21

Offline timhallen3730

• Novice Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 03:53:59 AM »
It has been some time I have been away. I  am happy to be here now with a question.
Religions do share common ethics in various ways. In the Catholic view from which I was taught the commandments now seem sometimes misspoken.
The first I thought about this was with "thou shalt not kill".
Should it not say "cherish and defend the sacred gift of life"?
Do other religions confuse this way, making defense of innocent life a sin if it requires violence?
Tim Hallen

February 26, 2017, 12:56:07 PMReply #22

Offline Len

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 12:56:07 PM »
It has been some time I have been away. I  am happy to be here now with a question.
Religions do share common ethics in various ways. In the Catholic view from which I was taught the commandments now seem sometimes misspoken.
The first I thought about this was with "thou shalt not kill".
Should it not say "cherish and defend the sacred gift of life"?
Do other religions confuse this way, making defense of innocent life a sin if it requires violence?

Good to see you back, Tim!

The problem of "thou shalt not kill" is one of translation. In ancient Hebrew, this commandment would more correctly be translated to "You shall not murder." (The New King James Version [NKJV] and English Standard Version [ESV] of the Bible, the two most accurate modern translations of the Bible, do use the word "murder" instead of "kill".) Meaning, justifiable killing in self defense, war, or legal executions are morally permitted in Jewish and Christian doctrine.

These sorts of confusions arise when religion becomes hoary with age, or have grown too long in the tooth. Meaning becomes divorced from symbol and ritual, and eventually, becoming a hollowed out shell of it's former self, no longer serves the purpose to which it was originally intended. Likewise, conditions in society and culture change and evolve, which require removal of some non-applicable dogma, and the addition of new instruction for more modern issues and problems.

What is required here is more enlightened modern practitioners in communion with Spirit that can correctly update and clarify ethical and spiritual subjects to modernity. Every generation needs these "prophets", and those whom Spirit 'calls' needs lamps in the darkness for progression on their Journey for Direct Communication. Knowing an answer, directly perceived by a Higher Source, is preferable to academic, theological guess work that juggles the garbled translations of prophets lost to age for millennia, and cross referencing these with intellectual stabs in the dark from theological commentary often at variance with each other.

This is what Culdians attempt to accomplish in our own small way, in which ancient Teachings are clarified in the Kolbrin, modern Teachings are laid out in the Booklets and Channeled Works, and those 'called' for Higher, Direct Experience may be shown the way to the Source.