Author Topic: Humanity WILL Learn  (Read 7822 times)

June 23, 2013, 07:41:04 PMReply #30

Offline guest1

• Initiate Poster
Re: Humanity WILL Learn
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2013, 07:41:04 PM »
But let me ask you, isn't fear of this nature, or at least a variation of it helpful in avoiding pitfalls that may cause you or others damage? I can understand that too much, or uncontrolled, fear can be debilitating and destructive. But fear is a primal emotion in the toolkit of human instincts. Wouldn't it be more correct to say that fear managed or made proper use of can be not only helpful, but is even necessary during our Earthly sojourn?

A variant of fear, yes.  However, that then transmutes to caution backed by logic and reason ingrained with past experience (whether personal or collective [group/community] experience).  As Sha'ul states, "The Supreme Spirit Himself must recognise a positive attribute in fear..."

You state:
I can understand that too much, or uncontrolled, fear can be debilitating and destructive. But fear is a primal emotion in the toolkit of human instincts.

But how can one differentiate between too much fear, uncontrolled fear, and primal fear?  Aren't these all one and the same?  It is my opinion that all three (or the one) are products of ignorance, and this I would relate to being primal fear.

Wouldn't it be more correct to say that fear managed or made proper use of can be not only helpful, but is even necessary during our Earthly sojourn?
If used properly, it certainly is very useful, providing one stays within the necessary boundaries for it to be helpful and not become enmeshed with it by including ignorance, superstition, self-doubt, hate, anger and so on.

And yes, it is a necessity throughout our Earthly sojourn, particularly as we live in a universe governed by duality - cause and effect, polarity, opposites, affinities, etc. - for how else would we be able to fully exercise and appreciate its opposites - love, joy, courage, tenacity, invention, exploration, etc.