Author Topic: A Gnostic/Buddhist Goal of Existence  (Read 22732 times)

February 27, 2013, 08:45:48 AMReply #75

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
Re: A Gnostic/Buddhist Goal of Existence
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2013, 08:45:48 AM »
Quote from: guest1
It seems to me this whole reality is some sort of mental projection, it is real to us in every sense but it may be of a nature similar to a dream but much more powerful. That's my hunch, some sort of very powerful mentally created simulation.

February 27, 2013, 08:46:37 AMReply #76

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2013, 08:46:37 AM »
i happen to have this interesting video from modern science which might confound those who've never heard about shunyatta:
NOVA: THE RACE FOR ABSOLUTE ZERO.
It is called the "Bode-Einstein Condensate" where scientists are trying to figure out what the primordial condition of this Universe may look like. I was even amazed that the truth about non-self of all phenomena can now even be seen with our naked eye.  8)

February 27, 2013, 08:47:15 AMReply #77

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2013, 08:47:15 AM »
Luminous, how does your gnostic stance reconciles itself with your lack of belief in a conscious creator of all?

February 27, 2013, 08:49:29 AMReply #78

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2013, 08:49:29 AM »
EXACTLY, Manuel, Exactly. You have observed correctly.

nope. actually i didn't say that there is no such a thing as a conscious creator.

what i keep saying is that being a creator of sth does not make you omnipotent, benevolent, not least omniscient.

actually this is the moralistic problem faced nowadays by clone scientists: whether creating sth whose destiny is beyond their control is morally right or wrong?  :)

then comes the BIG "heretical" QUESTION: whether the Creation of our present world is morally right or wrong? the simple answer is that if sth amounts to bringing suffering to others, then it must be morally WRONG.

Pain & suffering is evil. It is the ultimate immorality according to buddhistic/gnostic view.

Theistic Religions in advanced/civilized society have all proven to be a complete FAILURE when trying to explain why is SEXUALITY bad/wrong? Naturally, a Creationist will question: if it feels good, how can it be so wrong? This in turn creates a major confusion in all these religions. They've been seeking an explanation for it only to find none.  8)

February 27, 2013, 08:50:21 AMReply #79

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2013, 08:50:21 AM »
Well in regards to the Kolbrin this is explained in the following way:

"Though men may despair because I am veiled from them, though they may seek without finding, I am not indifferent to their needs and desires. Doubt and uncertainty are essential earthly conditions serving a definite end. I have not surrounded men with perplexities and obscurities unnecessarily. The climate of unbelief and materialism, strange though it may seem to men, is best for their spiritual health. I know better than men themselves what is best for them, for I alone can see the broad design spread over the ages, I alone see the end and objective. Though unenlightened men expect it, it is not meet for Me to interfere unduly in the affairs of Earth".

February 27, 2013, 08:50:41 AMReply #80

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2013, 08:50:41 AM »
Big weighty issues here. Will comment more in the next couple of days.

February 27, 2013, 08:51:10 AMReply #81

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2013, 08:51:10 AM »
Haha Leonard totally loves this  ;)

February 27, 2013, 08:52:20 AMReply #82

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2013, 08:52:20 AM »
and again this moral question concerning Creation has led christians into arguing: does Hell exist? They are deeply disturbed with these knowledges imparted by Enlightened Beings through the gospels which were not found in the OT / jewish traditions.
Why?
Because if Hell exists, then Creation is simply IMMORAL.
Creation can only be moral, at least, if Hell does not exist.  8)

this is why modern pauline christians nowadays even refuted the belief in the existence of hellish realms (gnostic: "Tartaros").
Again, the only clear reference about the existence of such horrible realms can be found in the buddhist scriptures. Even the spiritually advanced hindus did not know about its existence. I tried looking for a reference to it in the vedas, yet i couldn't find any.

February 27, 2013, 08:53:12 AMReply #83

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2013, 08:53:12 AM »
"Now, there is one thing often asked touching the teaching concerning the unclean place, the ultimate disposal of the spiritual garbage. My friends, the doctrine of eternal condemnation is false. This cannot be, for it asserts a downward finality, which not only is against the whole creative intent, but also questions the goodness of The Supreme Spirit. The misery suffered by the unclean beings in their self-selected, filthy abode of shadowy horror, is in fact a purging and purifying cure. Though it lasts many ages of time, and the road upward through the density of matter is long and arduous, there is an end, be it in glory or oblivion. After so-called death, which word in former times meant no more than removal, each soulspirit goes to the habitat to which it is drawn by affinity. There, all its latent powers and qualities built up and hoarded during earthly life are released and revealed. These should suffice for complete spiritual happiness and freedom, and this is what the Ancients meant when they said, "His qualities will provide his food." Man, having learned to live harmoniously on Earth, continues in a state of harmony above. The Ancients also referred to this when they said, "He who sows the seeds of discord reaps the wild wind harvest.""

February 27, 2013, 08:54:39 AMReply #84

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2013, 08:54:39 AM »
Everyone makes mistakes, even the gods make mistakes...
The greater the power that you have, the bigger the mistakes that you tend to make. Especially when they are without FOREKNOWLEDGE.

Yet, there are excellent Pure Abodes created by the Perfect Ones. Where suffering does not exist. Yet only a very very few of us can be reborn in these realms. And yes, your vows, aspirations & affinities may greatly determine where you will be born into... be it wholesome ones or unwholesome ones.

Our affinity to carnality simply means that we are wishing to be reborn again in the perishable realms (buddhist: Kamaloka, gnostic: Realms of Chaos) where the Archons (buddhist: Maradevas) rule over us.

the stronger the desire & affinity, the lower you will descend in these Kamaloka realms. if you have any experience w/ OBE you'll know this.  8)

February 27, 2013, 08:55:17 AMReply #85

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2013, 08:55:17 AM »
Well talking strictly about the Kolbrin views here, which is what concerns this group, I'd say the Kolbrin teaches that everything is as it's supposed to be, there's no incongruence in creation whatsoever, merely a crisis of perception by humans with limited understanding.

"If The Supreme Spirit is indeed the essence of love and kindness, could He not have created man in conditions, which gave him complete contentment and happiness, absolutely free from pain, sorrow and restraint? Is all this suffering and distress really necessary?"
"He could have created a perfect being and placed him in a condition of absolute contentment and happiness, but what purpose would this serve? Could such a being respond to love? Where could he learn its full meaning except in a state of lovelessness? Such things as love, pity, gratitude, mercy, unselfishness and all the other virtues are uncreatable qualities which can come into existence only through experience. Nothing can realise itself through a state of purity and perfection. Only by contrast can it become conscious of its existence."
"Pain checks man in the midst of senseless enjoyment and makes him ponder his fate. It causes him to turn his thoughts towards greater things and to reflect on the approach of death. Suffering, sorrow and trouble are tests, which, if passed successfully, qualify the soulspirit for entry into the greater sphere of existence. They create in him the qualities, which are needed there. To those who realise that these tests and trials have a purpose, they do not appear too harsh. But to those who cannot rise above them or who blame The Supreme Spirit or their fellowmen for what befalls them, the tests and trials appear as unnecessary hardships barely endurable."

February 27, 2013, 08:56:41 AMReply #86

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2013, 08:56:41 AM »
the failure in understanding gnosticism/buddhism is that ppl keeps attributing everything to 1 single entity. the fact is everything came into being not due to a single cause ("ekajati") but rather through a multiple of causes ("anekajati"). Why? Because Time has no beginning. One day they will understand... Christ in the gnostic gospels say that the future generation of the Elect will.

Time has no beginning, while beings (including creator gods) have a beginning, and thus also, an end. This is what theists have failed to understand about the Truth presented by modern science & the "heretical" buddhistic/gnostic texts.

February 27, 2013, 08:57:14 AMReply #87

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2013, 08:57:14 AM »
Well this seems pretty reasonable to me. The Kolbrin says:

"Time no longer slept on the bosom of God, for now there was change where before all had been unchanging, and change is time."

"Mark the flight of an arrow from the hands of a bowman. It flies from the bent bow, time passes, then it finds its mark. But to Me the arrow leaves the bow, and strikes the mark together. Distance, time and change are not with Me."

February 27, 2013, 08:57:53 AMReply #88

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2013, 08:57:53 AM »
Whatever has a beginning, also has an end, manuel! Including creator gods...

February 27, 2013, 08:58:43 AMReply #89

Offline guest1

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2013, 08:58:43 AM »
"In the beginning all things arose from the invisible and into the invisible all things will disappear in the end, but the end is not the end of the spirit. Out beyond this material creation born of the invisible, there is a higher eternal invisible of greater substance. When all material things have passed away, this will remain. Above all is timelessness, which is eternity, and there is My abode, the supreme goal of man, and those who attain it dwell in eternity. I am the Eternal God".