Author Topic: Immortality by 2045: Humanity is Obsolete  (Read 7158 times)

June 30, 2013, 06:52:15 AMReply #15

Offline Manu

• Novice Poster
Re: Immortality by 2045: Humanity is Obsolete
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 06:52:15 AM »
The remarkable aspect of it all is that mankind is looking to become like God but within a virtual paradigm. The desire apparently has always been there but as the way of the Twice Born is too harsh and demanding people have now seen a supposedly easier path and I can assure you many are salivating at the prospect. If consciousness could be digitalized and inserted into a virtual domain, humans could program the rules of the "software" beforehand, just like Matrix. They could be the god of their realms. They could even reset their amount of boredom with existence after each "gameplay" to avoid falling into a desire to stop existing (remember you could always create a command to annul existence at any time, but maybe respawn again after a determinate time lapse with renewed desire to exist? ).

There many variables to the outcome of this hypothesis as well, as we don't know if humanity would merely transfer their consciousness to the digital domain for a while or after a while they'd discard their bodies altogether and remain there. Maybe after a while humanity would stop existing in the physical form and remain merely within the Matrix in a digital form. Unimaginable things could happen if humanity takes this road and nothing stops us from it. With a totally different set of rules who knows what the Matrix would spawn.....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:53:55 AM by Manu »

July 01, 2013, 03:11:45 AMReply #16

Offline Enkisfreind

• Initiate Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 03:11:45 AM »
Seriously, does the Supreme Spirit have any kind of plan for the Universe ? Is such an idea conveyed in any worthy text ? By this I mean text worthy of taking notice of.
If the Supreme Spirit does have an ultimate agende for the Creation, would the part humanity has to play, along with all its incarnations and forward momentum spiritual growth, include such a preposterous idea as changing the form in which we, as a race, see out our existence ?
Should we not fear, to mess with the creation to such point ? What if this proves to be an irreversible step, would the Creator of all, who can see through time, allow such a move ?Or is the Supreme Spirits power to act against such a move, cancelled out, by the free will aspect of human existence ?
I find the whole idea very discombobulating !
Surely, the Creator, would not allow such a move, surely, we humans are supposed to, destined too, aspire to higher things ?
As I have said before, maybe the whole "destroyer" scenario, is the Supreme Spirits way, of hitting the re-start, on humanity. As I read the Kolbrin, I see that before each passing of the Destroyer, mankind seems to plunge into  moral mayhem, new lows of depravation, at least in part, thus needing a moral wake up call.
Any thoughts ?
Love and light braethren.

July 01, 2013, 05:09:55 AMReply #17

Offline Manu

• Novice Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 05:09:55 AM »
Seriously, does the Supreme Spirit have any kind of plan for the Universe ? Is such an idea conveyed in any worthy text ? By this I mean text worthy of taking notice of.
If the Supreme Spirit does have an ultimate agende for the Creation, would the part humanity has to play, along with all its incarnations and forward momentum spiritual growth, include such a preposterous idea as changing the form in which we, as a race, see out our existence ?
Should we not fear, to mess with the creation to such point ? What if this proves to be an irreversible step, would the Creator of all, who can see through time, allow such a move ?Or is the Supreme Spirits power to act against such a move, cancelled out, by the free will aspect of human existence ?
I find the whole idea very discombobulating !
Surely, the Creator, would not allow such a move, surely, we humans are supposed to, destined too, aspire to higher things ?
As I have said before, maybe the whole "destroyer" scenario, is the Supreme Spirits way, of hitting the re-start, on humanity. As I read the Kolbrin, I see that before each passing of the Destroyer, mankind seems to plunge into  moral mayhem, new lows of depravation, at least in part, thus needing a moral wake up call.
Any thoughts ?
Love and light braethren.

"In the beginning all things arose from the invisible and into the invisible all things will disappear in the end, but the end is not the end of the spirit. Out beyond this material creation born of the invisible, there is a higher eternal invisible of greater substance. When all material things have passed away, this will remain. Above all is timelessness, which is eternity, and there is My abode, the supreme goal of man, and those who attain it dwell in eternity. I am the Eternal God".

Book of Gleanings

Whatever the case may be Sha'ul I would say it's not of so much relevance as we may think. The Supreme Spirit must know already how much the Law He established will allow mankind's free will to endure or not, and even the time when humankind may stop existing in its current physical form. All these things shouldn't be a matter of extreme perturbation for oneself.

July 02, 2013, 08:02:13 AMReply #18

Offline Lance

• Initiate Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 08:02:13 AM »
All these things shouldn't be a matter of extreme perturbation for oneself.

I agree Manuel.  As you quote from the Book of Gleanings, "In the beginning all things arose from the invisible and into the invisible all things will disappear in the end", this would imply there is more than one level beyond, in either direction when looking at it linearly, that which we currently see and experience.

To my own understanding, this is quite correct, as there are levels (or frequencies) lower than we are capable of perceiving (through whatever means) and then there are those which exceed our capacity to perceive.  I'm pretty sure there is probably a beginning and an end, but what these may be is currently way beyond my ability to understand.

Sha'ul, I believe our understanding of the Supreme Spirit is far too limited at our present stage of development to be able to guess at what He/She/It has in mind for creation, and I think that perhaps looking at this subject from what I have just said would be like hitting your head against a brick wall.

For instance, what is your interpretation of mortality and immortality as it pertains to us?  Whether Earth is destroyed or all life is extinguished should be irrelevant as we are merely here to experience a variety of things that can only be best experienced through a physical medium (and that includes the planet).  Once we have gone beyond the need to experience things in this 3-dimensional state, then we will discard these types of vehicles and don others so we may continue our growth.

Even if Earth and all life on it is destroyed, there are others out there capable of taking its place.  And I believe that even if there weren't any currently available, they would soon come along so others may experience as we have as part of their journeys.

July 02, 2013, 04:41:44 PMReply #19

Offline Manu

• Novice Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 04:41:44 PM »
All these things shouldn't be a matter of extreme perturbation for oneself.

I agree Manuel.  As you quote from the Book of Gleanings, "In the beginning all things arose from the invisible and into the invisible all things will disappear in the end", this would imply there is more than one level beyond, in either direction when looking at it linearly, that which we currently see and experience.

To my own understanding, this is quite correct, as there are levels (or frequencies) lower than we are capable of perceiving (through whatever means) and then there are those which exceed our capacity to perceive.  I'm pretty sure there is probably a beginning and an end, but what these may be is currently way beyond my ability to understand.

Sha'ul, I believe our understanding of the Supreme Spirit is far too limited at our present stage of development to be able to guess at what He/She/It has in mind for creation, and I think that perhaps looking at this subject from what I have just said would be like hitting your head against a brick wall.

For instance, what is your interpretation of mortality and immortality as it pertains to us?  Whether Earth is destroyed or all life is extinguished should be irrelevant as we are merely here to experience a variety of things that can only be best experienced through a physical medium (and that includes the planet).  Once we have gone beyond the need to experience things in this 3-dimensional state, then we will discard these types of vehicles and don others so we may continue our growth.

Even if Earth and all life on it is destroyed, there are others out there capable of taking its place.  And I believe that even if there weren't any currently available, they would soon come along so others may experience as we have as part of their journeys.

Clearly the design of the physical shapes we know in our dimensional realm must have originated from some previous conception or template in a more refined realm, thus it becomes clear that even if the entire physical universe would be destroyed it could be recreated. Attachment to material things matters only to material beings who experience existence in matter, for those beings that exist in a realm beyond matter this mustn't be an issue. The physical universe must fulfill a purpose or else the Creator that was able to devise all the marvelous, complex things we are able to perceive would have to be considered a waster of time (just for the sake of analogy as God exists beyond time and space),and that would be illogical. Thus the relevance must be placed in the Divine purpose rather than attachment on the mediums created to fulfill it. 

July 03, 2013, 04:49:06 AMReply #20

Offline Len

• Administrator
  • Magus Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 04:49:06 AM »
Clearly the design of the physical shapes we know in our dimensional realm must have originated from some previous conception or template in a more refined realm, thus it becomes clear that even if the entire physical universe would be destroyed it could be recreated.

What you are referring to, Manu, was first expounded upon by Pythagoras through the explanations of the concepts generally of Sacred Geometry and the Music of the Spheres, and was delved into specifically with the Tetractys. All these things require intense study, but it is most rewarding as they show the point where physical sciences and metaphysical sciences intersect.

July 03, 2013, 06:06:46 AMReply #21

Offline Enkisfreind

• Initiate Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 06:06:46 AM »
Wow Len, where the heck do you learn all this stuff ?

July 07, 2013, 07:40:25 PMReply #22

Offline Lance

• Initiate Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 07:40:25 PM »

July 07, 2013, 07:42:36 PMReply #23

Offline Manu

• Novice Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2013, 07:42:36 PM »

Should I quote the passage about the Divine symphony or do we all know it well enough by now ?  ;)