Specialized Areas of Interest > Theology

Lucifer

(1/8) > >>

Len:

--- Quote from: Diane Ostrander ---All very confusing isn't it? The name Lucifer originally denotes the planet Venus, emphasizing its brilliance. The Vulgate employs the word also for "the light of the morning", or "morning star".

See Revelation-22/16
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. 14 Blessed are they that wash their robes in the blood of the Lamb: that they may have a right to the tree of life and may enter in by the gates into the city. 15 Without are dogs and sorcerers and unchaste and murderers and servers of idols and every one that loves and makes a lie. 16 I, Jesus, have sent my angel, to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the root and stock of David, the bright and morning star."

rut ro...  ;)
--- End quote ---

Len:
Oh dear...you have opened a big can of worms on that one Diane...  ;)

Len:

--- Quote from: Diane Ostrander ---I know, I can do that. I'll behave. Best to leave that as food for thought, or we'll be writing our own book next. Have a wonderful evening.
--- End quote ---

Len:

--- Quote from: Rex Perkins ---Whence came you?
--- End quote ---

Len:
Whence came Diane, you ask?

That is for her to tell, but I recognized her own peculiar sense of brilliance and insight way back from when she first joined the group. I have been waiting for her to come back out of her shell a little more, sharing her half bitten apple with us all so serious and self concerned men…

When Diane speaks, I listen…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version