Specialized Areas of Interest > Theology

A Gnostic/Buddhist Goal of Existence

(1/21) > >>

Len:

--- Quote from: Manuel Cufre ---The whole true purpose of living is to escape this world, isn't it interesting?
--- End quote ---

Len:

--- Quote from: Luminuous Epinoia ---which is the essence of Gnosticism; an anti-cosmic Soteriology!

Just like what happened to gnosticism in the hands of the Romans, Buddhism was also turned upside-down when it came into the hands of the Chinese, the typical Creationist / theistic notions.

In China they even mistakenly think that the Awakened One taught Kung-fu to them! And in Japan, the samurai arts!

At least by making the World see the Truth, hopefully we can make it a better place for everyone. A compassionate & reasonable society and a more sustainable environment to live in.

Even in this modern age "The Blind Ones" always refuse to behave responsibly because they always ascribe everything to "God" & "Satan", never realizing that in all actuality they themselves with their wrong views (Ignorance/Agnoia/Avidya) are the real menace to one another. There is nothing sacred about greed, hatred & ignorance, these 3 unwholesome roots are mistakenly thought by them as "Divine Providence".

I just can't seem to understand their errant prehistoric dispositions, why would they go to school if they refuse science, logic & reasoning?
If Christ were to come again among us into this world to enlighten them, i'll bet they'd be the first to nail Him on the cross again just like they did many times before... and replace His gospels, turning it into some other santa claus religions.
--- End quote ---

Len:
(Posted on the Kolbrin Facebook page originally.)

I’ve been lurking on this page since it has been created, and Manuel’s statement that the true purpose of living is to escape the world has prompted me to join the group and respond.

The Gnostics, Buddhists, and a select few sects of Hinduism see the world as a place of darkness, evil, ignorance, and suffering which must be transcended in order to ‘escape’ these horrors.

The Culdian view, which is clearly evident in our publications (I am a Culdian), including the Kolbrin, is that the world is akin to a school. It is a place of instruction, success and failure, joy and sorrow, wisdom and ignorance. The purpose of school is not to escape school, but to fully embrace the experience of growth and learning before we graduate.

One can hate and suffer through school counting the days until its end, or affirm the experience, live in the present, and make this trip more about the journey than the destination. One may get through school with an eye only towards post graduation, but this only compounds any suffering already experienced and makes it all the more likely you will fail and have to repeat certain classes.

Although many other philosophical, theological, and metaphysical ideas are the same, a positive and balanced affirmation of life and physical existence is what separates Culdian philosophy from the negative, unbalanced rejection of physical existence so prevalent in much of Gnosticism, Buddhism, and splinter sects of other faiths.

Len:

--- Quote from: Manuel Cufre ---Thanks for participating Leonard, it's nice to have a Culdian around here sharing some perspectives.
As much as I love the Kolbrin (and you guys know that by now for sure) I must admit sometimes I find the philosophy a bit too idealistic. It is indeed great to empower oneself to go through the harshest life experiences. When I first found the Kolbrin it gave me a lot of strength to change my life 180º and the results were absolutely undeniable. But with time I started having problem believing certain things, or most precisely to be able to embrace them in a convincing manner.
Nowadays while I still recall certain passages from time to time and re read them I am much more skeptical of everything and as you correctly stated this way of experiencing life makes everything a bit more tortuous. Some days I wish I could go back to that idealism I had when I first discovered the Kolbrin, but the Gnostic philosophy does possess a lot of appeal.
Sometimes the Kolbrin's explanations for certain things seem to be a bit too simplistic. It's even told in the Kolbrin that this is the book of the lesser secrets, it seems like we're left out of a lot of details and thus other metaphysical currents like Gnosticism gain appeal by revealing more indepth details about the mysteries. Also witnessing the state of our world pessimism and stoicism begin making a lot more sense than believing that we're fighting this glorious battle to achieve godhood.
Yet anyone who reads the Kolbrin thoroughly can't fail to admire the gems it contains, and if you embrace its tenets I can assure anybody that it grants almost magical faculties. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for this book, even when nowadays I couldn't honestly tell someone the things the Kolbrin teaches with a straight face. There's no way I could provide hard evidence for any of it.

" What is the destined fate of a man who knows the existence of things beyond his understanding? I see but I do not know, therefore I am afraid. Man can swim against the current towards the bank, but he needs a helping hand to pull him ashore when he is exhausted from the struggle.

This is the fate of man. He must strive for that which he cannot attain. He must believe in that which he cannot prove. He must seek that which he cannot find. He must travel a road without knowing his destination. Only thus can the purpose of life be fulfilled."
--- End quote ---

Len:
Can you provide hard evidence for the Gnostic Mysteries? Can Christians provide hard evidence of the miracles of Jesus, or even that he actually lived? If you, Manuel, experience a transcendent experience of God and all the Mysteries, can you provide us hard evidence of the fact? Or would you be ashamed to speak of the fact?

For myself, I esteem the Higher Powers and my most transcendent experiences with too much respect to have them misunderstood or ridiculed by those without even the interest to understand such things. These things are private, and shared only with others who know or whom have the deepest yearning to know. And returning to the school analogy, one does not teach 9th grade lessons to a 4th grade student. The reasons should be obvious.

There is much in the world that cannot (may not is the better term) be proved or found on Google. Living, working Mysteries exist to this day, privately (sometimes TOO much so) reserved for those that are spiritually and emotionally ready and will give the experience the respect it deserves.

Mind this as well, the Mysteries you are reading that were EXPERIENCED in ancient Gnosticism were never made public by them. They were not for the profane, and had you lived then you would have not read, heard, nor experienced them unless you were an initiate. And if you had, your ‘normal’ peers would have told you these Mysteries were the delusions of mad men. It is only now because they are ‘ancients’ that they have any modern respectability at all. Perhaps this is why this group and others’ so greatly love the Kolbrin, but dismiss out of hand Gwineva because it is channeled in modern times even though the quality of spiritual, metaphysical ideas parallels the quality of the Kolbrin. Is the Kolbrin only of value because of its age, and less so if one cannot prove it? Is Gwineva of little value because it is modern or channeled? Do you imagine the only ones with transcendent awareness or experience were ancients, or that their ‘channeling’ (what do you think this word really means?) was more valid?

Idealism? Perhaps…it is only a simple yet deep understanding of where we are in our cycle of growth. Growing pains still suck, and they are not fun but are easy enough to recognize with the right amount of focus and patience. Sometimes the momentary pain in ourselves and the world is compelling enough to forget the bigger picture momentarily as we resort to a stoic pessimism, but only just as long as the pain lasts or until the lesson is learned…and the pain does last until the lesson is learned…individually or collectively.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version